Many bloggers struggle with finding a balance between life (and all that consists of) and blogging. One thing I have learned about blogging is that it is very addicting, and can be very time consuming! For many of us it's hard to fit blogging in (though we love it so much) or we are so addicted we are choosing to blog rather than do things we would normally do, things that may still need to be done!
So then how do you find that perfect balance? The truth is you can't find that perfect balance until you find what works best for you and your life. What may work for one blogger will not work for every blogger! Especially in the beginning, it will be a lot of trial and error but not to worry it can be done!
Here are a few things that may help:
1) Try to keep a posting routine that will work for you and your schedule. Be realistic and only do what your schedule will allow. Maybe 3 days a week will work better for you then 5, I think the key is to be consistent: MWF, T TH, etc... No matter what, always remember no one is perfect- the world will not end if you don't keep to your blogging "schedule".
2) Keep a few posts stored away. If you end up being super busy one day post one of your saved posts!
3) Stock pile your posts. Find a time during the week where you can sit down and blog. Use this time to write your posts for the week, come up with your post ideas, etc... I think the hardest part of this is finding the time, that may vary each week. You could always take a few hours here and there to dedicate to writing your posts. Then post date those posts! Many have offered this advise and I think it's wonderful! If you have time to sit down Sunday and write 3 posts you can post date them for Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and you are all set!
4) Set limits! When your done your done, walk away. Some of us may not have enough time to post but others may be spending too much time, time that could be spent with family or doing other things we enjoy. Don't forget that the key to finding balance is not overdoing any one aspect of our lives. This is hard but blogging is not and never will be as important as some of the other things in your life.
5) Work blogging around your life schedule don't work your life schedule around blogging.
6) If you can't post- you cant! No big deal, don't worry about it. This is your blog, in the end if it turns out that your blogging schedule is sporadic because your life is busy then so be. You are blogging for you above all else so don't sweat it!
7) If you don't have time to post but want to keep a regular schedule find tricks for easy posting ideas! Check out these great posting ideas!
Check out the entire Blog Talk series!