Many bloggers wonder how often they should post to their blog and if it really makes a difference how often the post. While it does make a difference how often you post there is no golden rule as to how often you should post and there is no magic number as to how often you should post, actually it is more important how consistently you post rather than how often you post. It does do your blog a lot of good to have a regular posting schedule.Posting regularly sets your blog up for success and it gets you on track and in a routine. The reality is, it isn't always easy to post to your blog on a regular basis!
I will be the first to admit I am horrible about posting regularly on my blog! However, I do after over a year know that it is important to post to your blog regularly for many reasons! Three of the most important reasons are:
1) Your blog stats are much higher when you post regularly
2) Your readers know what to expect, posting a random post here and there is well... random!
3) The more you consistently you post the better chances you have of Google crawling your site and indexing your content.
Now as for how many times a week you should post that is up to you here are a few things to remember:
1) Only do what you can if 5 days a week won't work for you don't loose sleep over it. Find a schedule that works for you. Maybe Monday Wednesday Friday OR Tuesday Thursday.
2) Test the waters. Try posting 3 days a week and see how that gos before dedicating yourself to 5 or more.
3) Don't bite off more than you can chew! I remember my very first blog, I was determined to post 5 days a week and for what I was blogging about I was burnt out after about the first month. I had so many ideas and plans but ended up getting overwhelmed because it was taking up so much of my time.After awhile the fun was no where to be found. So start out slow and then slowly implement your ideas.
4) Think about your content, if you write longer posts that are detailed with lots of images you may only have time to post 2 or 3 times a week and that's okay.
4) If you don't have anything to post about- don't post. You will learn with time that there are plenty of ways to post without actually writing a post.
5) If you run a family/lifestyle blog and your goal is not so much posting content for followers followers or readers or Google to find your posts then you don't need to feel obligated to have a schedule at all. I know some people like to post when something happens with their family or kids and that is what works for them. In this case time and consistency should only be as important as you want it to be for the goal that you are trying to achieve.
6) Blogging is suppose to be fun, if it becomes a chore than it may be time to step back and re-evaluate. maybe you should cut back on posting or look at the content you are posting and see if that is the direction you are still wanting to go with your blog!
Again, the most important thing is to try and stay consistent. Of course you'll have your off weeks and it's no big deal but once you get into a routine you may mind that posting regular comes a bit easier. A routine also becomes easier if you have a few back up post plane. Take a look at these easy posting ideas!