There is a great deal of benefit in posting to your blog on a regular basis. However, most bloggers have faced a time or two (or three) when we know we "should" post to our blog's but we just don't really feel like it, or we don't have the time, or we just don't have anything great to post about.
I have come across many bloggers who have temporary writers block or simply can't find time to balance life and fit in blogging. We all love blogging but the truth is, we all have down times where we just aren't in it. The good thing is you don't have to put up a post you don't like, force yourself to post, or even give up all together.
Here are a few tips to get you through the days when you don't feel like posting:
1) Post a picture or video! Don't want to write a really long post or feel you don't have anything great to write about share a picture you found, a picture of your kids, something you pinned on Pinterest, the options are endless and the great thing is most pictures speak for themselves so you likely won't have to write anything! Take a look at this example of a great picture post.
(This is also great for a weekly post like "Wordless Wednesday")
2) Share a quote! Everyone loves a good quote so why not share one it takes only a few minutes and all you have to post is something like "Love this and wanted to share it with all of you!".
3) Blog Hops/ Link Up's. You can find a blog hop or link up everyday of the week. Simply add the button and/or linky to your post. This is great is you don't really have an idea for a post. You can then visit other sites when blog hopping and you can always find great posts topics that way! Check out our list of blog hops!
4) Blog Challenges! Blog challenges are a great way to fill up posts because you are given a topic for various days. This is especially helpful if you have run out of posting ideas. The great thing is one great idea usually leads to another so you end up with weeks if great posting ideas (make sure you write them down).
5) Offer guest posting. Guest posts are a great way to post to your blog without actually having to post. We have a great group here on the community where you can find people who are interested in guest posting and looking for guest posts.
6) Keep a stock pile of misc. posts. If and when you have time write a few posts that you can store away for times when you may be away or don't feel like posting.
7) Post date your posts. I know many bloggers write their posts all in one day and then post date them for the week. This is great especially if you know you will be busy, out of town, etc....
These are just a few ideas of what you can do on the days you don't feel like posting! We would love to hear your ideas, simply leave a comment below!
Check out the entire Blog Talk series!